New York Troopers - History
Preserving the Past for Those Who Follow
 
.
Login


  

 . 

 

Authorized in 1935, the NYS Police Laboratory was officially opened on May 21, 1936 located at 128-130 Church Street, Schenectedy, NY. Dr. Bradley H. Kirschberg was appointed Director, a position he held until his death in 1941 . In 1943, the Laboratory was moved to 545 Broadway, Albany, NY. and in 1953, re-located to 8 Nolan Road, Albany, NY.The Lab was moved to the current State Campus location in April 1964.
 

Dr. Bradley Kirschberg
 
 

 
William Kirwan
 
 
 
 
Wells Staeckel  
 
 
end
 
 

 

 
On April 1,1953 - The Laboratory (above) was moved to 8 Nolan Road, Albany, NY
 

John McCarthy - Chemist at the lab on Nolan Rd. about 1955 - ID made by Wagner Merlin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  1964 - D.N. Hardy
 
 
  1964 - Charles Rankin
 
 
end